MetaMetrics®, Creator of The Lexile® Framework for Reading
The educators and researchers at MetaMetrics created the Lexile Framework for Reading to transform the world of education with a research-driven, scientific system to help all readers navigate the path to success in school, college and careers. We are guided by our core values:
- We are mission-driven. We work closely with educators and policy-makers to promote equality and excellence in education.
- We are optimistic. We believe that we have the ability to positively impact our world.
- We strive for excellence. We seek to be the best in everything we do.
- We are innovative. We champion and celebrate creativity.
- We have integrity. We act with honesty and transparency within our workplace, community and world.
Meaningful Measurements in More than Literacy: The Quantile® Framework for Mathematics
In addition to the Lexile Framework, MetaMetrics built the Quantile Framework for Mathematics to address the wide variability of student abilities in most math classes. Like Lexile® measures, Quantile® measures place student abilities on the same scale as specific math tasks, skills and concepts. This common scale provides the critical link for supporting personalized learning in math. Quantile measures take the guesswork out of instruction by describing which mathematical skills and concepts the student has learned and is ready to learn.
Want to know more about us?
Meet the people who created and continue to research the Lexile Framework.