Free Text Resources
More than 100 million articles, books and websites have Lexile measures. You can use the Find a Book tool to search for book titles that match your child’s Lexile measure, but what about other resources?
Your child’s school, your local library and your state all may offer free resources for you to access at the library or from home online. Please explore some of the links below to see what’s available in your area.
Through Your School or Local Library
Nearly every state in the country offers free access to periodical database services for educators, parents, students and other citizens. These periodical database services provide Lexile measures for millions of newspaper and magazine articles, as well as encyclopedia and reference content. Database providers include EBSCO, Gale, Grolier, ProQuest and others. View our Products & Services for a complete list of database providers that offer Lexile measures.
Through Your State
For a complete list of available databases containing Lexile measures texts by state, please see our Guide to Online Periodical Databases Offering Lexile Measures. Talk to your school or district media specialist about accessing these online databases and the Lexile measures they contain or visit the website for your state for more information.
Access More Free Resources
- View our recorded webinar: Hidden Resources at your Fingertips. Experts discuss:
- How to find these free text resources.
- How educators and teachers across the country are using these free resources to tailor instruction and promote reading growth.
- How schools and educators are using these resources to implement the Common Core State Standards.
- Advice and search tips when using these resources to find text that meets all your needs.
- Read our white paper: Quick and Easy Access to Measures of Text Complexity Using the Lexile Framework for Reading