Looking to use Lexile® measures or other Lexile data and tools in your research?
Independent researchers have carried out hundreds of research studies using our measures and tools. We support them by providing access to valuable resources through the Lexile® & Quantile® Hub.
- Find a Book. Find a book’s Lexile measure. Search for books by grade, interest and reading complexity. View a book’s most challenging words.
- Grade Level Charts. View selected student percentiles by grade and time of year.
- Text Analyzer. Paste or type in text to receive a Lexile range. View text characteristics along with challenging words and their definitions.
- Growth Planner. Use Lexile measures to determine if a student is on track for college and career readiness.
- Career Database. Identify the reading demands of texts needed for a desired career.
- WordLists. Access lists of words by grade level and academic domain (i.e. math, science, and social studies) compiled from U.S. grade-level texts.
Identify the level of access you need through membership options and select “Researcher” as your role when registering. If you need more access than provided by premium membership, contact us through our support center.
Our Research Continues
From when we were founded 30 years ago to today, research — both internal and external — is in our DNA at MetaMetrics.
While we continue to work with education companies, publishers and state departments of education to incorporate Lexile and Quantile measures into their products and assessments, we have a dynamic research pipeline. On both the math and reading side, we are working on building personalized learning platforms based upon the principles of deliberate practice and sound psychometric theory. In the math domain, we are examining the postsecondary mathematical demands of college and careers. This information will be used to help students and educators monitor if they are on track for success in school, college and careers.
If you’d like to learn more about the research behind the Lexile Framework® for Reading or explore independent research studies and analysis using our metrics, visit our research and publications database.