Looking to contribute to the growing corpus of research on Lexile measures?
If you’re an educator, a researcher or both, you may be interested in conducting a study using Lexile measures.
Independent researchers have carried out hundreds of research studies on our measures. We support them by providing free access to valuable resources, including:
- The Lexile Titles Database™ that provides Lexile measure for nearly 300,000 books.
- The Lexile Analyzer®, a tool used to determine Lexile measure of piece of text.
- The Lexile Career Database™ with the reading demands for specific careers.
- The Lexile Growth Planner™, a tool to forecast student reading performance.
- The Landscape of American School English Project vocabulary lists for research.
Learn more about accessing these resources by contacting us here.
Our Research Continues
From when we were founded 30 years ago to today, research — both internal and external — is in our DNA at MetaMetrics.
While we continue to work with education companies, publishers and state departments of education to incorporate Lexile and Quantile measures into their products and assessments, we have a dynamic research pipeline. On both the math and reading side, we are working on building personalized learning platforms based upon the principles of deliberate practice and sound psychometric theory. In the math domain, we are examining the postsecondary mathematical demands of college and careers. This information will be used to help students and educators monitor if they are on track for success in school, college and careers.
If you’d like to learn more about the research behind The Lexile® Framework for Reading or explore independent research studies and analysis using our metrics, visit our research and publications database.