These Tools Support Reading at Home
Using Lexile measures to support your child’s reading is an excellent place to start. Below are some free tools, tips and resources to help you find the right materials for your child’s reading level, help build their vocabulary and make reading a regular part of the family routine. Many of these tools and others can be found in the Lexile® & Quantile® Hub, a convenient online platform for parents, students and educators.
Learn more about the tools that you can use at home:
- Lexile® Find a Book searches for books that match your child’s interests and reading level. You can also use the tool to look up the Lexile text measures of books, make a book list of favorites and explore vocabulary.
- Lexile® WordLists provides downloadable lists of important words by grade and domain, including math, science, social studies and general, that students are likely to encounter in textbooks and other learning materials.
- Free text resources provide Lexile measures so that you can find magazines, newspapers and encyclopedia articles at your child’s reading level.
- Use these strategies to support readers at any level.
- Here are 21 questions to ask your child about a book.
- Try these mobile apps to support reading on the go.
Find “Just Right” Books
Explore vocabulary in books that match your child's interests and reading level.