Fact Sheets & FAQs
You can learn more about The Lexile® Framework for Reading with these free resources:
About Lexile Measures
- Lexile Infographic: Everything you need to know about the Lexile Framework for Reading in one easy to understand, print-friendly graphic.
- The Lexile Framework for Reading Explainer describes how the Lexile Framework links assessment with reading instruction.
- The Lexile Framework for Reading Explainer Video describes the basic concepts and uses of the Lexile Framework.
- Lexile and Quantile Linked Assessments lists assessments and reading programs that report Lexile measures.
- What does the Lexile measure mean?
- Comparability in the Measurement of Reading through the Lexile Framework for Reading.
- Lexile Parent Guide | ADA Accessible Version
The Lexile® Maps
The Lexile maps provide examples of popular books and sample text at various points on the Lexile® scale. Click on the links below to view or download the Lexile maps.
Using Lexile Measures
- Tools to Support Reading at School
- The Lexile Framework Support Center: search for answers and post questions.
- Lexile Measures in the Classroom Explainer shares tips on how to use Lexile measures more effectively in the classroom.
- Lexile Measures in the Library Explainer provides tips on using Lexile measures in the library or media center.
- Lexile Measures and Grade Levels explains how Lexile measures compare to and differ from grade-level measures.
- Professional Learning provides an overview of professional learning opportunities.
Visit the Lexile Support Center to view our FAQs.